35+ Best Dream Quotes By Famous Authors – 35+ Quotes About Books That Really Tell Bibliophiles Celebrate your love of literature with these entertaining quotes about books that will inspire you to dive into your next story.
Novels, memoirs, short stories, essay collections, and more continue to shape who we are and how we see the world, no matter what format — physical book, ebook, or audio book — we use to absorb and enjoy them. Books are a pathway to different worlds and different lives, and one can never get tired of a good book. Here are some of the best quotes about books, whether you like to read or listen.
35+ Best Dream Quotes By Famous Authors
Between work, family, chores, and more, it’s all too easy to let life get in the way of the pleasure of spending time with books. Whether you’re a hobbyist or you’re a devoted reader and listener, these quotes will remind you of what you love to set the perfect story.
Popular Children’s Book: 35 Children’s Book Quotes
1. “It’s about the book. They let you travel without moving your legs. ” – Jhumpa Lahiri, The Namesake
3. “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies.” – George R. R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons
4. “Until I’m afraid I’m lost, I don’t like to read. One doesn’t like to breathe.” – Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
Inspiring Literary Quotes To Share With Your Students
5. “I live in books more than I live anywhere else.” – Neil Gaiman, Ocean at the End of the Line
6. “Books should be read as deliberately and reservedly as they were written.” – Henry David Thoreau, Walden
7. “The magic is only in what the book says, how they stitched the patches of the universe together into one garment for us.” – Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
Short Positive Attitude Quotes
8. “He loved the act of reading, the magic of turning scratches on the page into words in his head.” – John Green, Abundance of Katherines
9. “Words can be like X-rays if you use them right—they’ll go through anything. You read them and you get pierced.” – Aldous Huxley, Brave New World
10. “How many men have dated a new era in their lives from reading books.” – Henry David Thoreau, Walden
Rabindranath Tagore Quotes: Best, Famous, Success Quotes By Rabindranath Tagore
11. “Come to a book as you will come to an unexplored land. It came without a map. Explore it, and draw your own map. ” – Stephen King, Hearts in Atlantis
Whether they revolve around family dynamics or romantic relationships, or focus on career goals or personal challenges, the book really has answers to all of our questions. We learn a lot from literature, and the knowledge we can gain from past and present authors is invaluable. Read on for some quotes to inspire your next self-exploration.
12. “One must always be careful with books … and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.” – Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
Best Therapy Quotes To Inspire And Motivate Others
13. “A book is a mirror: you only see there what is already inside you”. – Carlos Ruiz Zafon, Shadow of the Wind
14. “Books that the world calls obscene, are books that show shame to the world.” – Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
16. “The more you read, the more you know.” The more you learn, the more places you go. – Dr. Seuss, I can read it with my eyes closed!
Marketing Quotes To Keep You Fired Up All Year
17. “If you only read books that other people read, you can only think what other people are thinking.” – Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood
18. “One child, one teacher, one book and one pen can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai, I’m Malala
19. “A good novel tells the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author.” – G.K. Chesterton, Heretics
Best Quotes About Change
20. “If the reader likes it, this book can be considered fiction. But there is always a chance that such a fictional book can shed light on what is written as fact. – Ernest Hemingway, A Moveable Feast
The ability to make a reader or audience fall in love with a book and its characters requires more than skill—a writer must have a true passion for words and stories. These quotes show how much love writers have for their craft.
21. “A very good book is something natural, and unexpected and innumerable and perfect, like a wild flower found on the prairie of the West or in the forest of the East.” – Henry David Thoreau, Walking
Of The Most Famous Thomas Jefferson Quotes
22. “I say after all there is no pleasure like reading! How old is a tire of nothing from a book!” – Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
23. “It’s amazing, our favorite characters are descended from the best books.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self-Reliance and Other Essays
25. “When a long book is successful, the writer and the reader are not just having an affair; they are married.” – Stephen King, The Bazaar of Bad Dreams
Dream Quotes To Inspire You And Motivate You
26. “A classic is a successful book that survives the reaction of the next period or generation. Then it is safe, like style in architecture or furniture. It has the great dignity to replace the fashion. – F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Beautiful and the Damned
27. “And the book! …he will buy it all over and over again; he will buy up every copy, I believe, to prevent them falling into unworthy hands; and he will have every book that tells him how to admire an old twisted tree. – Jane Austen, Taste and Sensibility
28. “Books are the wealth of the world and a fitting heritage for generations and nations.” – Henry David Thoreau, Walden
Best Travel Quotes (most Inspirational List Of All Time)
We often open books for deep insight, or moving with dramatic stories. But sometimes, all you need from a book is a good laugh. Literature can be serious, but it can also be light and silly and absurd – which this quote shows perfectly.
29. “There are two motives for reading a book: one, to enjoy it; the other, that you can be proud of it.” – Bertrand Russell, The Conquest of Happiness
30. “That book is safer than other people anyway.” – Neil Gaiman, Ocean at the End of the Line
Motivational Exercise Quotes To Get You Through (or To) Your Next Workout
31. “Give me a man or a woman who has read a thousand books and you give me an interesting companion. Give me a man or woman who has read probably three and you give me a very dangerous enemy. – Anne Rice, The Witching Hour
32. “For a bibliophile, there is only one thing better than a box of new books, and that is an old box.” – Will Thomas, Some Danger is involved
33. “Every author should write every book as if he were to be beheaded on the day he finished it.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald, This Side of Paradise
Quotes On Endings That Will Make 2016 More Exciting
34. “I have tried to write by the old rule that how good a book is should be judged by the man who wrote it by the superiority of the material that he eliminates.” – Ernest Hemingway, A Moveable Feast
35. “Like many uneducated English women, I love to read—I love to read books in general.” – Virginia Woolf, A Room of One’s Own
30+ Quotes About Creativity to Inspire Your Process No matter how you express your creativity, these quotes from famous authors, poets, and innovators are sure to boost your confidence and inspire breakthrough ideas. It’s 1 o’clock in the afternoon. You’re still tired of eating too big a lunch (again), and your third coffee hasn’t kicked in yet. What can you do to get through the day? How can you gather your courage, focus your attention, and summon the extra energy to keep doing a few more hours of important work? The answer: Short inspirational quotes – and in this organized list, you’ll find what you need.
Brilliant Albert Einstein Quotes
Hi, my name is Nik! I am the founder of Four Minute Books. In 2016, I published 365 book summaries. That personal challenge is how this site started. Since then, our library has grown to over 1,200 titles, and, needless to say, my small team and I have come across an inspiring line or two along the way.
In the Four Minute Book, everything we do follows a system. That’s why this list is different. Instead of a loose collection of the same quotes from the same people, quickly cobbled together and many of them misattributed, we went above and beyond to get you the very best, short inspiring quotes – a whopping 414 of them, to be sure – following a strict set of rules and criteria Options.
Whether you want to find a new perspective on a challenging problem, stop procrastinating and do the important work that is in front of you, or light up your inner spark for a new and magical start, we will help you find the right, right words. now.
Quotes On How To Care Less About What Others Think
We’ll start this list with the most popular inspirational quotes of all time based on real reader votes. Then, we will go through quotes about different themes, such as motivation, success, and relationships. Next, I’ll share some of my personal favorites from people I know (
Quotes!), my own writing (8 years and counting), and the hard-hitters that changed me
Reading quotes by famous authors, happiness quotes by famous authors, best quotes by famous authors, dream quotes by famous authors, birthday quotes by famous authors, life quotes by famous authors, best friend quotes by famous authors, famous quotes by authors, famous love quotes by authors, family quotes by famous authors, inspirational quotes by famous authors, motivational quotes by famous authors